Thursday, September 18, 2008

McCain Could Debate Himself ...

… and it would be interesting

From Taegan Goddard:

Quotes of the Day

"Two years ago, I warned that the oversight of Fannie and Freddie was terrible, that we were facing a crisis because of it, or certainly a serious problem."

-- Sen. John McCain, in an interview earlier today, via ABC News.

"So, I'd like to tell you that I did anticipate it, but I have to give you straight talk, I did not."

-- McCain, in an interview with Keene Sentinel on the mortgage crisis in December 2007.

Also, from Taegan Goddard:

McCain by Day, McCain by Night

Yesterday, Sen. John McCain "used an appearance before a blue-collar crowd near Youngstown, Ohio, to take a class-tinged shot at Barack Obama," according to Politico.

Said McCain: "He talks about siding with the people just before he flew off for a fundraiser in Hollywood with Barbra Streisand and his celebrity friends... Let me tell you, my friends, there's no place I'd rather be than right here with the working men and women of Ohio."

However, according to the Los Angeles Times, Sen. John McCain spent the previous night at the Intercontinental Hotel in Miami at a $50,000 per person Republican party fundraiser that raised over $5 million.

Also, from Taegan Goddard:

Quote of the Day

"It is a bad economy."

-- Sen. John McCain, quoted by Time, reversing himself after getting hammered yesterday for insisting the "fundamentals of our economy are strong."

No comments: