Thursday, October 23, 2008

Chuck Todd 1.0

Alright I'll admit it, I miss the "Primary" Chuck Todd just a little bit -- he's still the man (of course), but back then he had a slight shyness, and that "did I get all the mustard off my shirt, Guys?" look, which I could definitely relate to.

My favorite all-time was his "Mr. Spock" moment -- i.e. the night of the TX/OH primaries. While the commentators were going on and on (and on) about the "Comeback," he was staring into the computer screen, when the camera shifts to him. He looks up, raises his eyebrow, and is like "Ah no. 9 delegates."

Then there was a 10-second (rather awkward) pause, and the commentators were like, "Sooo anyway, back to our regularly scheduled amazing comeback -- bought to you by Proctor and Gamble, Frito Lay, etc..."

And this nugget of pure gold was sent to me by my friend Cindy Price.

No comments: